New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
Official Scholarship Website: https://enz.govt.nz/support/funding/scholarships/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships
The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
PhD Degree Programme in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand
You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 1 July 2015
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The 2016 application rounds for NZIDRS are now closed. Information about the 2017 round of NZIDRS will be posted at the official website in April 2017.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS, you must have already received a non-conditional offer of place for PhD study at a New Zealand university. You must download and complete the NZIDRS 2016 application form and submit it together with the required documents to Education New Zealand before 15 July 2016.
IMPORTANT NOTE: APPLY for the NZIDRS ONLY if you meet ALL eligibility criteria, if you can provide ALL required documents by the deadline, or if your proposed research clearly aligns with the selection criteria.
It is important to read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
International students who are not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia.