Civil Society Leadership Awards
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-award-20160708
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provide fully funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
See the 2018-19 CSLA Host University Guide.
Master’s Degree Programme in the following areas:
• Communications, Journalism & Media
• Culture, History & Society
• Development Studies
• Education Management & Leadership
• Environment & Natural Resource Management
• Gender Studies
• Human Rights
• Law (including Human Rights law)
• Politics & International Studies
• Public Health Policy & Health Management
• Public Policy & Administration
• Social Work & Social Policy
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Be a citizen of an eligible country
- • Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- • Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 July 2017 and an excellent academic record
- • Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area
- • Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities
- • Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018
- • Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- • Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development
Interested applicants must complete and submit an online or paper CSLA application in English to be considered for CSLA support. Applications must be submitted by midnight, 15 July 2017, Eastern Daylight Time.
It is important to read the 2018-19 CSLA Guidelines visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The awards are available to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.